Green Key is awarded to accommodation and conference facilities that meet environmental and social sustainability criteria in 13 different areas. Here are examples of our commitments:
- We use renewable electricity, energy-saving lighting and have procedures for reducing energy consumption in heating and ventilation.
- We have taken measures to reduce water consumption.
- We separate and recycle our waste and that of our guests.
- We use eco-labelled washing and cleaning products.
- Our guests are offered vegetarian and organic options.
- Staff are involved in sustainability work and receive annual training in this area.
- We work to continuously improve our work by setting annual targets.
Do you want to help us?
We hope you will help us reduce our environmental impact by:
- Leave recyclable packaging and deposits in your room and we'll sort it for you.
- Take shorter showers and use your towel an extra day.
- Please let us know that the room does not need to be cleaned every day if you are staying several nights.
- Turn off lights, switch off electronics and unplug chargers.
- Drink tap water instead of bottled water.
- Choose vegetarian and organic options in the restaurant.
- Use more environmentally friendly means of transport such as trains, buses and bicycles, or walk.
About Green Key
Green Key is an international eco-label for visitor and tourist facilities and is available in over 50 countries around the world. The label is run internationally by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE), which is supported by some of the world's leading environmental and education organisations such as UNEP, UNESCO and the World Tourism Organization.
The Green Key Sweden organisation operates the eco-label nationally and all Green Key labelled facilities are approved and renewed by an independent jury. All sites are also checked through regular audits to ensure compliance with the criteria.